We love the communities in which we operate, and the people who count on us day in, day out. That’s one reason we open every morning at 6am every day. But we also serve the wider communities in which we operate.
We pay our employees to volunteer up to 20 hours a year, provide food for local food banks and shelters, and give our managers paid time off to serve on local boards. We take our commitment to community and global responsibility very seriously.
works for those in need
Do you have a non-profit charity organization that could benefit from food from The Works Café? Let us know by filling out our donation request form.
- provide local CSAs (community supported agriculture) drop-off and pick-up spots
- donate to community causes, including local food banks and homeless shelters
- pay for up to 20 hours of volunteer time per year to hourly staff members
- give paid time off to managers to serve on local boards
- offer our cafés to clubs and nonprofit groups
- donated bagels and cream cheese to over 250 community groups last year
- instrumental in securing a $30,000 grant for Hillside Springs High Hoop Greenhouse
- walk-in coolers donated to CSAs
- initiated a series of community meetings to draw awareness to the needs of the homeless in our communities